Your Upscale Resale for Little Gents and Ladies!

Little Hands Boutique

Free eBook!

Tiny Talk is offering a great (free!) eBook for all you mommies out there considering giving up the rat race to work at home online: the "Moms Working Online" eBook. Simply select the link to download or view your own copy of this excellent resource.

Contributors

Design and Graphics by Alison Jerabek

Baby Steps To Going Green!

I don't know about you, but my life as mom and entrepreneur can get very hectic. Sometimes we forget to make time for things that we know are important. I have been contemplating how to contribute positively to our environmental issues for a while. I guess I was looking to contribute in a big way, not realizing that every little thing I do to help adds up to something big. Our children deserve to live in a great healthy environment. We can all do our part by taking small steps that wont add more stress to our already hectic lives. Here are 5 simple tips to taking Baby Steps to Going Green:

1)Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and few degrees higher in the summer- save money on heating and cooling as well!

2)Install Florescent light bulbs when incandescent bulbs burn out. They are more expensive to purchase, but last much much longer and use less energy saving you money on your energy bill. After replacing my bulbs with florescent bulbs, the very next month I experienced a significant decrease in my energy bill(like $50.00 whoohoo!)

3) Wash clothes in cold water when at all possible. 85% of the energy used to machine was clothes goes toward heating the water.

4)Take shorter showers. If you're like me you love taking long showers, but I guess I could cut it by a minute or two :-)... This will save money on heating and water bills.

5)Skip bottled water- Purchase filters to purify your water, this cuts down on the large amount of container waste. I must admit that this one was a hard one for me. I have cut down, but I have been known to still purchase a bottle here and there...Baby Steps Moms.....Baby Steps.


For more Green Tips visit us daily on myspace. www.myspace.com/littlehandsboutique1

post signature

  1. Comment by Em Edwards on August 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

    Great tips! Thanks so much!
    Jen

  2. Comment by HandbagArtisan on August 26, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

    Wow some of these I never thought about before. Lisa (from blog train)

  3. Comment by momof2 on September 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

    These are great tips! I just published an article on my site about the toxicity of many household products. Using safer products in our homes is a great step also!